Aside from you actual wedding day, there are numerous wedding related events that you will want to look your best for without breaking your budget. Between all the wedding showers, parties, and celebrations, hiring someone to style your hair for each event is impractical. Below are two Hollywood inspired hairstyles that are really simple to recreate on your own. All you need are a couple of tools and these easy instructions.
This is a great traditional style with a twist. It is great in photos from all angles.
- Start with dry hair and divide it into small sections about two fingers wide. Curl each section with a 1-2 inch barrel curling iron.
- Mist each curl with hair spray then run a paddle brush through your hair to break up the curls.
- Sweep your hair to the left and divide it into three sections. Twist the first two sections together and roll and pull into a lose bun. Wrap the last section around the bun and pin into place.
- Spritz with frizz control spray to get rid of flyaways and to give your hair extra hold for the evening. For extra style, add a headband or a couple ofdecorative bobby pins.
Messy and imperfect hairstyles are HOT now. You don’t have to worry about lumps and bumps or your hair looking slightly messy because that is the trend.
- Apply a dollup of styling mousse on your palms and evenly spread it through towel-dried hair to both tame frizz and boost shine.
- For added volume, flip your hair upside down and spritz the roots of your hair with a texturizing spray.
- Loosely braid your hair and let it air-dry to create a very natural, wavy texture. Undo the braid and break up the waves by running your fingers through your hair. Gently tease the crown for height.
- Pull a section of hair from each side of your face to the back of your head. Allow one section of hair to overlap the other and secure it by pinning into place. Continue this all the way down the back until all of your hair is pinned into a ponytail shape. Pull out strands to frame your face for a soft, feminine look.
- Finish this messy look by misting a thin coast of hair spray in an even, all-around motion throughtout your hair to ensure that the style stays in place.